4.17.2012

Lucky Seven Meme

The Rules:
Go to page 77 of your current MS/WIP.
Go to line 7.
Copy down the next 7 lines--sentences or paragraphs--and post them on your blog.
Tag 7 authors and let them know ;-)

Here's mine from EXTRACTION:

----------------
I don’t know what I will find, but I will look regardless.


“What're you—” Oliver starts, but something distracts him, and then I don’t hear him anymore. Moss and jungle leaves muffle gunshots.


The canopy of branches overhead makes it darker in here, harder to see where I’m running. I stumble; I pick myself back up. A body appears behind a tree trunk, teetering toward me. Then another with an arm outstretched, reaching for my face. I gasp and try to shoot it down, but I don't wait to see if it works.


I search for the tallest tree. 

---------------------------

Anyone who's interested in this meme is tagged, because I'm too lazy to go through and find people. :P

2 comments:

  1. I love that first line. It hooks me right on in. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS again! Yay for the contest win over on Ruth Lauren Steven's blog!!

    ReplyDelete